I make work about duplicity and fragmentation.
The borders of reality and illusion.
Re-assembling an understanding of the world.
(Re)constructing (a) history, (re)creating (a) myth.
Cinema and film.
Systems of belief.
Light and dark.
The theory of relativity.
Past, present, future.
-Wonderworks, Cat Street Gallery, Hong Kong
-Lovin' it: Symbol and Contradiction, Bromer Art Collection, Switzerland
-The Looking Glass, Mirus Gallery, San Fransisco, USA
-Saatchi Gallery A The Hyatt: One Giant Leap, Hyatt Regency Hotel, London
-The Santorini Biennale of Arts, Santorini, Greece
- Orleans House Museum, Richmond
- Saatchi Gallery, The Future Can Wait, Channel 4’s New Sensations, Victoria House, London
- Charlie Sierra Lima, Charlie Smith Gallery
- Polemically Small, Klaipedia Center, Lithunaia
- The Future Can Wait presents Polemically Small, Torrance Art Museum, Los Angeles
- Polemically Small, Charlie Smith Gallery, London
- La Belle Dans Sans Merci, Vegas Gallery
- The Term Reality, Paul Stolper Gallery
- Paprophillia, Charlie Smith Gallery
- Art Blitz, Transition Gallery
- Demonology, Charlie Smith Gallery
- The Future Can Wait, Shorditch Town Hall
- Promenades Insomniaques, Sleeping/dreaming in contemporary art,
curated by Marie Shek, involving Thomas Ruff, Mark Wallinger , Jean-Mark Bustamante, Sophie Calle, Susan Hillier, Annette Messanger, Andres Serrano,Passage de Retx, Paris.
- Same as it Ever Was, Painting at Chelsea 1990 – 2006, curated by Clyde Hopkins, Arts Gallery, Chelsea Future space, Triangle Gallery, London
- Awopbopaloobop, Transition Gallery, London
- My Art, Collectors share their passion, Zuiderzeemuseum, Netherlands
- Jerwood Contemporary Painters, touring exhibition
- Salon Nouveau, Engholm Engelhorn Galerie, Vienna
- Claire Pestaille, solo exhibition, Rokeby
- The Portrait, Ashwin Street, London
- Necromancy, Rokeby, solo exhibition London
- Young Masters, St John Street, London, curated by Flora Fairbarn and Marjorie Allthorpe-Guyton
- Acid Drops and Sugar Candy, Transition Gallery and FosterArt, London
- Hand in hand we walk alone, Clapham art gallery, London.
- Awopbopaloobop, Transition Gallery, London
- Faltering Flame, Graves Art Gallery, Sheffield, curated by David Thorp, artists include Jake and Dinos Chapman, Tracey --- Emin, Gilbert and George, Stuart Brisley and Jeremy Deller.
- Forever Beautiful, Clapham Gallery, London
- Short Stories About Glamour, Hiscox projects, London
- Gothmoth, Transition Gallery, London
- The Great Unsigned at Izo Gallery, curated by Soraya Roderiguez and David Thorp, London
- The Great Unsigned, The Zoo Art Fair, London
- Aftershock, A1 Gallery, Hong Kong,
- Faith, Transition Gallery, London
- Faith, C.A.S Gallery, Osaka, Japan
- A Portrait of Francis Bacon as a Corpse Exquisite, 39 Mitchell Street, London
- Bad Touch, International drawing show, Keith Talent Gallery, London
- State of the House, curated by Sadie Murdoch, England Korean Ambassadorial Residence, London
- The Discerning Eye, Mall Galleries, London
- Assembly, Stepney City, Jubilee Street, London
- Be Faithful to your dreams, TI Group, London
- Ante chamber, Cite Internationale des Artes studio, Paris
- Borderline, Solo exhibition, Duncan Cargil Gallery, London
- Minus, Duncan Cargil Gallery, Warren Street, London
- Sauce, Spitalfields Gallery London
- Claire Pestaille, Rokeby
- Necromancy, Rokeby, London
- Borderline, Duncan Cargil Gallery, London
Reviews / Publications
- The Future Can Wait and Charles Saatchi Gallery 2011
- Glam Cult Magazine, issue 4, Netherlands
- Marie Antionette, Italy
- LeCool, www.lecool.com, Spain
- The Term Reality at Paul Stolper by Lauren romano
- Promenades Insomniaque, Sleeping/dreaming in contemporary Art with writing by Julia Kristeva, Peretz Levine, Marie Shek
- Jerwood Contemporary Painters
- Project 17, Dream-Screen, Talith Mariposa's Journal, Kilimanjaro
- Faltering Flame (catalogue), Graves Art Gallery, Sheffield, David Thorp
artists included the Chapman Brothers, Tracy Emin, Christian Ward, Stuart Brisley, Jeremy Deller and Gilbert and George
- Necromancy, A book of short stories,written by Claire Pestaille with essay by David Thorp and forward by Beth Greenacre
- The Girl with a Pearl Earring and The Prince, Miser & Now, Edition 7
- Claire Pestaille, Martin Herbert, Time Out, 7-12 September
- Ghostly Gallery, Helen Sumpter, The Big Issue, 5-11 September
- Raising The Dead, Rowan Kerek, BBC Collective, 1 September
- Claire Pestaille: Necromancy, Fisun Güner, Metro Life, 31 August
- Claire Pestaille, Jessica Lack, The Guardian Guide, 20 August
- Necromancy, Hephzibar Anderson, The Evening Standard, 15 August
- The Girl with a Pearl Earring and The Prince, Miser & Now, Edition 7, 2005
- The Artists Studio, Garageland edition 4
- Be Faithful to your dreams, TI Group Art Collection
Scholarships \ Grants
- Citi Des Arts International, Paris
- RCA Study Scholarship
Hoschule de kust, Berlin
- Laura Ashley Foundation
- Julia Gompert Memorial Scholarship, Italy
Acland Burghley secondary school
Sunderland University Arts Faculty
Chelsea College of Art and Design