Simone Ponzi, Fidenza 18/10/1971.
He starts painting with his grandfather Ettore Ponzi, protagonist of the landscape painting in Parma in the postwar period.
After the school-leaving examination, he enrols in The Academy of Fine Arts in Bologna and he takes the diploma (110 cum laude) in 1997.
In this period of study and research, the first exhibitions and the presentation of the series “Prime forme” at The Gallery of Modern Art in Bologna took place.
From 1997 Ponzi starts to collaborate with The Mazzocchi Gallery of Contemporary Art in Parma.
After a period of study abroad (Great Britain, Spain, France) he meets the critic Roberto Tassi and begins the work about nature and landscapes. He is present in various expositions and prizes. Ponzi also meets historical artists like Mario Schifano, Vasco Bendini, Gastone Biggi and exhibits with emerging artists (Pignatelli, Velasco, K. Andersen, Kiaris).
In 2007 he is invited by Philippe Daverio e Jean Blanchaert at the event “Padiglioneitalia 13x17” during The Venice Biennale. In 2008 he joins The Prometeo Foundation, a prestigious establishment for the promotion of modern arts and music which has Claudio Abbado as honorary president.
His works are in public and private collections in Italy, Spain, the UK, Brasil.
• “End & Over”, Gallery of Modern Arts Bologna, 1997.
• Donato Frisia Prize, Merate (Milano), 1998.
• “Zapping”, Parma, 2000. Text by di Beppe Sebaste.
• “Zapping Ad Arte”, Castel of Montecchio Emilia (RE), 2000. Text by M. Hernandez.
• “Graphic works”, Gallery 360°, Montecchio Emilia (RE), 2000.
• “3° Biennale Giovani, Museum of Modern Art, Gazoldo degli Ippoliti (Mantova), 2002.
• “Paesaggio & Paesaggio II”, Ancient Palace of Pretura of Castell’Arquato (PC), 2003. Text by Stefania Provinciali.
• Maretti Prize, Gallery of Modern Art, San Marino, 2005. Text by A.Riva
• “Padiglioneitalia 13x17”, Study Berengo di Murano (VE), Text by Philippe Daverio e Jean Blanchaert, published by Rizzoli.
• “Mondobugia”, Mazzocchi Gallery, Parma, 2009. Text by Andrea Calzolari e Mario Lavagetto
• “Paesaggio & Paesaggio”, Ancient Greenhouse of Salsomaggiore Terme (PR), 2001. Text by Stefania Provinciali.
• “Per l’inverno che viene”, Fiorile Gallery, Bologna, 2004. Text by Paolo Lagazzi.
• “Simone Ponzi, recent works”, Exhibition area of Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze, Parma, 2006.
• “Simone Ponzi – Cities of memory”, Caccia Dominioni Palace, Milano, 2007.Text by S. Provinciali
Simone Ponzi lives and works in Fidenza (PR) Italy
E-mail: email@example.com …Read More