My work is about nature. I am interested in trees, rivers, ponds, insects, birds and animals near to where I live.
I listen to Schubert while working. I think he felt the same way as I do about the natural world.
“There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.”
Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626) in Of Beauty
• I studied Painting and Lithography with Henry Trivick RA at Amersham College of Art in the 70s.
• During the 80s I was a puppet-maker and founder member of the Equinox Theatre Company.
• In 1984 I went to Barcelona where I learnt intaglio printmaking and ceramics/glazing in the studios of Marta Montcada and Santi Moix. I established myself as an artist/performer in the city.
• I learnt the alebrije technique of papier-mâché sculpture from a Mexican-Aztec artist before moving to the Pyrenees.
• I returned to England eight years ago and now share a studio space.
• I have exhibited widely since 1976 both home and abroad. …Read More