I was born Aug.8,1951.
I first met the wood as a child, in the Gardena Valley. I would stand in a daze in the carvers’ workshops: their minute gestures, the shapeless taking shape, the rhythmic sounds, the scent, the colour, the delight of witnessing the becoming.
Those small wooden statues did indelibly engrave on my memory, as well as their surrounding nature did.
Time, wretched and human vicissitudes, and death too, did move me away from the fairy tales for good. I preserved that world in my heart and in my mind, I kept the curiosity and the wonder of the child intact, together with the love for the treasures of the earth. One day, I was forced to mediate them with the acquaintance of the rarefied, often stupid world of men. Today, in an attempt to avoid the idiocy of maturity and get back to myself, to my human life, I make use of the wood.
- San Paolo, Brazil: Town Gallery (one-man exhibition), 1993
- Bologna: Nomisma (one-man exhibition), 1995 and 1996
- Terni: Forzani Gallery, 1994
- Verona: "Abitare il Tempo" exhibition, 1995 and 1996
- Civitavecchia: Forte Michelangelo, 2000
- Rome: All Saints, 2000
- Rome: Caffè d'Arte, 2000
- Rome: Premio Margutta, 2000
- Bari: "Il Centauro" Gallery (one-man exhibition), 2001
- Oulx: Town Gallery, 2001
- Rome: Mangiamoci Art Cafè, 2001
- Rome: Le Stagioni del Legno, 2001
- Ginevra: L'anno della Montagna, Le Stagioni del Legno, UN Building, 2002
- Roma: Mostra dell'Artigianato, Arte e Mestieri, 2002
- International contest Luigi Pirandello (ad honorem mention), 2000
- International contest Alessandro Manzoni (ranked 5th), 2001
- International contest William Shakespeare (ranked 3rd), 2001
- International contest Vincenzo Monti (selection award), 2002
- International contest Carlo Goldoni (selection award), 2002
- International contest V. Hugo (selection award), 2002
- Anthology "Proposte per il Terzo Millennio" - Edizioni Roma – 2003 …Read More
During the 70s, after completing university, he follows the call of his deepest instincts and takes advantage of the time he spends abroad to take up with architectural, technical and interior design. At the same time he attains the professional civil pilot's and instructor's licence and specializes in the field of aerophotogrammetry.
His first approaches with writing dates back to university time, when he regularly collaborates with a local art and culture magazine.
After a short working experience in a agricultural association he moves to Guatemala. At the time he merges his passion for architecture and the creative process together with his enthusiasm for flying, as the essentials of technique and the possibility to access different visual perspectives than the usual ones.
Back to Italy he combines both passions by working in interior design and broadening his activity to aerophotogrammetry, getting involved as partner or collaborator in some companies dealing with aerial photography.
In 1997 he starts his own business in aerial photography and cartography and moves to Rome.
In the mid 80s he feels the need to achieve new forms of expression, more irrational and freer than those of a planner. Free thoughts, already expressed in words by his passion for writing, are then transmuted into "works". His works are strictly confined to his private circle till the beginning of the 90s when, temporarily living in Brazil, some friends encourage him to show them to some art galleries in San Paolo.
In Italy he exhibits on the occasion of events such as Abitare il Tempo (Living your Time), Verona, 1994 and 1995, collective exhibits (in Terni-1994, Civitavecchia-2000, Rome -2000, 2001, 2002, Oulx -2001, Geneva -2002), and with one-man shows at Nomisma in Bologna (1995 and 1996), "Il Centauro" art gallery in Bari (2001), Mangiamoci Art Café in Rome (2001).
In 1999, he approaches in Rome the group"Arte Libera" and later the artists of the "Tridente", with whom he takes part in the Margutta Prize in year 2000. During the years 2000, 2001 and 2002 he's invited to several literary contests: L. Pirandello, A. Manzoni, W. Shakespeare, V. Monti, C. Goldoni and V. Hugo. In 2003 his poems are put in the literary anthology "Proposte per il Terzo Millennio".