Filipe Cortez was born in Oporto in 1986, city where he currently lives and works.
Master in Painting from the Faculty of Fine Arts, UP.
The artist already has several exhibitions, the most notable:
- Exhibition of the "Concurso Mundial de Arte Jovem de Vila Verde", Braga (2007)
- Exhibition of “FBAUP fora de portas” project in the "XIV Bienal de Cerveira", V.N. de Cerveira (2007)
- Exhibition in Galeria Corrente d’Arte, Lisboa (2008)
- Exhibition of Competition of the "I Bienal Internacional de Artes Plásticas do IX Prémio Vespeira", Montijo (2008)
- Exhibition “Recolecção” in the Galeria dos Leões, Reitoria da UP, Porto (2011)
- Exhibition at Galeria Artes Solar Sto António, Porto (2011)
- Exhibition of the "Concurso da II Bienal Internacional de Pintura da Fundação Rotária Portuguesa", Coimbra (2011)
After a few more Honorable Mentions, got this year the prize of greater relevance - 1st Prize of the "II International Painting Biennial of Rotary Foundation of Portugal", Coimbra (2011).
His work continues to evolve, but always within the field of figuration. …Read More