I love flirting with reality, which is always a challenge for me. My photographic practice is concerned with the perception of space, particularly of empty space from a psychoanalytical perspective, and the photographic representation of it in an abstract form as presented in the projects ‘Empty Space’, ‘Part Objects’ and ‘Red Space’.
These works, which are based on using quiet and discreet performative gestures of intervening in the space, brought up a passion and interest in the potentialities of the line in relation to my experience with my surrounding space. Inspired by the abstract expressionist qualities in the images from the series ‘Red Space’, I am currently exploring this by using the space of Photography as my canvas, which at the same time operates as a self-referential space for Photography itself. A first example of this can be seen in the image Slash, 2010.
• 2009, Empty Space, Grey Area, Brighton.
• 2008, Potential Space For Abstraction, TheSpace@Acumen, Brighton,UK
• 2007, Empty Space, George Rodger Gallery, UCCA Maidstone, UK.
• 2004, The Potential Space, Mphil Upgrade Exhibition, George Rodger Gallery,
University College for the Creative Arts, Maidstone, UK.
• 2003, Internal Reflections, Ano Archanes, Crete, Greece.
• 2003, Internal Reflections, Photosynkyria 2003, Thessaloniki, Greece.
• 2000, Archanes- Light, Ano Archanes, Crete, Greece.
• 2010, slash|line|bloom|fuzz|time – Abstract Encounters, Photo Fringe 2010, Café
Delice Gallery, Brighton.
• 2009, Art&Escape, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire.
• 2009, Phoenix Brighton Arts Courses Tutors, Phoenix Brighton.
• 2009, Internal Reflections, Henfield Gardens & Arts, Venue no. 5 – Temata.
• 2008/2009, Empty Space, Bloomberg New Contemporaries 2008, A Foundation,
• 2008, Breastfolds, White Christmas Alternative Art Market, BLANK Gallery,
• 2008, Red Space, Gallery 40, DMH Stallard, Crawley.
• 2008, Red Space, Photo Fringe 2008, Gallery 100, DMH Stallard, Brighton.
• 2008, Empty Space, Bloomberg New Contemporaries 2008, A Foundation,
• 2005, Fotoebnefsi, The Hellenic Centre, London, UK.
• 2003, LOOKOUT- Athens First Aesthetic Public Intervention of Unpredictable
• 2003, Photosiginonoume (Photocommunicating) – an exhibition of the winning
and best participating photos in the context of the competition ‘‘Routes’’
organized by the Greek Ministry of Transportation.
• 2001, New Color, Athens Photographic Centre, Greece.
• 2001, New Glance, 8 West, Athens, Greece.
• 1999, Patras, a town in 13 stories, Photographic Centre of Thessaloniki, Greece.
• 1998, Patras, a town in 13 stories, National Bank, Patras, Greece.
• 1997, Applied and Art Photography, University of Patras Photographic Club
Exhibition, Old Public Hospital of Patras, Greece.
The photograph ‘Untitled 05’ from the series ‘Red Space’ has been recently acquired by the Huib Limberg Photocollection.
Her work is currently represented by the online gallery Art Lab, www.artlab-gallery.co.uk.
Born in Greece 1974. After she was awarded a Greek State Foundation scholarship she moved to UK to complete a PhD in Arts and Communication (Photography) at UCA. She is currently based in UK working as a fine art photographer, curator and photography lecturer. She also holds a degree in Physics from the University of Patras and a degree in Photography from T.E.I. of Athens in Greece, as well as a PGCE teaching certificate from the University of Brighton.…Read More