1. Drawings with pencils, pastels, thread
2. Compositions with Cut outs (2D and 3D) on manifold layers
3. Large scale works with Chinese ink on folded paper stuck on canvas
4. 3D works with string on canvas and Plexiglas
5. Digital prints on various materials like Plexiglas, aluminium, etc.
The most important common factor which runs through my work is the quest for emotionally charged structures and structures which are contained within emotions.
‘Geometry of silence’ belongs to a more general body of work, WALKS, (which also includes the previous series of work entitled ‘in search of the lost time’) and is placed on the axis which moves between subtraction/abstraction and the existing symbolism.
I am preoccupied with Silence and its world, the space which it possesses and its transformations:
• Silence in the human condition - How and when it is expressed. What it hides, what it conceals and at the same time what it reveals and what it unveils. Silence as it appears in society and especially in society under crisis.
• The emotional breadth of silence (depression, desperation, loneliness, abandonment, fear, anxiety but also consent, acceptance, patience etc.)
In addition I am investigating:
a. The relationship between Void/Emptiness and Limits/Boundaries in representative development with clear symbolic and metaphorical forms.
b. the meaning of Time and the confinement of the Present in signs/points.
As a sign/point it may be defined as: the fixed place or position / the boundary or the degree of something or a situation / the fixed place as part of a whole / (med.) the symptoms of illness.
The world of geometry arises when some points/signs are unable to be counted /untraceable and despite this, they take up space, creating surfaces and volume and developing relationships between them.
c. A representative composition based on the structure of fugue in music (Music as the main limit of time).
d. the reality of the Accidental, its acceptance and its confluence in the method of development of the work.
e. The Void/Emptiness as a synonym to Pause, which is defined as Time which is unheard, and as Space which exists and without which no new meaning can be produced.A
f. Shadow and its dependence on Light as well as the different appearances which a composition develops under different lighting, as well as Shadow-drawings for which Light is the prerequisite.
1995 ”House of Cyprus” Athens ,
Gloria gallery, Nicosia ,
2003 Agathi gallery, Athens ,’’Flower Power’’
Gloria gallery, Nicosia ,’’Flower Power”
2006 ”House of Cyprus” Athens “Paper Clothes”
2010 C.K. Art Gallery Nicosia ,”Paper Clothes “
2011 Greek National Opera ,curating and exhibit the N. Opera House ballet costumes
2012 C.C.A Diatopos ,Nicosia, “ geometry of silence
2003 Technopolis, Athens,“The new Borders of E.E.”
T in T gallery, Thessalonica
2004 T in T gallery, Thessalonica
2005 T in T gallery, Thessalonica
2006 Zoumboulakis galleries, Athens
2007 Booze Cooperativa Art Factory, Athens
2009 “House of Cyprus”, Athens
2010 Αrt Athina - House of Cyprus
2010 Famagusta Gate – 50 years of artistic creation
2010 City Link - Art and Fusion …Read More
ATHENS SCHOOL OF FINE ARTS UNDER NIKOS KESSANLIS, UNIVERSITY DEGREE IN POLITICAL THEORY,
STUDIES IN MUSIC,PIANO